|

Chelsea Talk: Petr Čech, Not Threatened By The Young Courtois

Being the undisputed number one first choice goalkeeper for almost a decade, Cech is undisturbed of the 21-year-old Courtois’ presence as rumours spark the latter is set to join Chelsea.


In spite of Courtois’ impressive string of loan spells with Atletico Madrid, the veteran goalkeeper is not rattled with a competition. He is rather open to the thought that they’re being matched by spectators.

In an interview with The Daily Mail, Cech was noted to say the following:

"If, on the first day of pre-season, Thibaut Courtois is here, he is here. If he is not, he is not. It does not change anything. I will still have to do better than whomever else is here, to keep my place.”

"It doesn’t change anything for me. You could ask John Terry or Gary Cahill about the very promising French central defender bought by the club.”

"If he comes back and he’s better than me, credit to him, well done to him, but who knows? I’m not afraid. I’m not a fool to think I’ve been here 10 years and I’ll be here another five, just because.”

"I am not playing because my name is Petr Cech. I’m playing because I’ve been playing well and because the manager thinks it improves the team with me in goal. I’ve never had a manager who would just put me in the goal because everybody was used to seeing me there.”

"Are you good? Are you not? I’m not crazy to think in another 10 years I will just be playing. There will come a day when somebody comes along who is better than me. That’s it. But my everyday fight is to avoid that as long as I can. This is football life. Let’s see."

A mature, open-minded and still very competitive Cech was seen here. An exciting game awaits football fans in the weeks to come. And will the following week finally put an end to the expectation of joint forces of two great goalkeepers? That’s for us to find out.

Posted by Unknown on 4/06/2014 09:13:00 PTG. Filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 ulasan for "Chelsea Talk: Petr Čech, Not Threatened By The Young Courtois"

Leave a reply

Recently Commented

Recently Added

Other Online News

Latest 2014 World Cup